SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Sunday, February 11, 2007

YOU are NOT INVITED!

I just remembered something that happened the other day.
It was funny but also sad (in a way). But I digress...

We were having dinner (or was it lunch) and the usual suspects were there, and the topic veered towards the kids, eventually towards discipline and parenting and stuff like that.

So then I remember that I had a seminar coming up and proceed to invite the bro-in-laws and basically everyone to come as I was going to be one of the speakers for it and it was going to be very informative and interesting. It was going to be about Positive Discipline, so we got to talk about what it was, how its done and etc.

And then M says "anu ba alam mo diyan, mas may alam sila diyan no kasi may anak na sila" to which I reply "Ang kapal mo talaga! You are not invited!" and proceed to laugh. And then C and the others say, "M, teacher yan no! She knows what she's doing, I've seen her around S and he actually listens to her, not like our weakest link N hehehe"

Yun lang. Food for thought.... I feel M thinks my work isn't "REAL" in a way and its all just play, a common misconception for most pre-school teachers I think. Oh well. No offense taken, I'm used to it.

And the sound bite in my head is
"Ill give you 4 hours with 16 kids and let's see how you last!"

I think its really time to push for Hongkong. Will see in November.

1 comment:

wandergurl said...

naku ha dapat hindi nila minamaliit ang work mo! its so hard to deal with kids, i think i would probably make a better hooker than a pre-school teacher, hahaha, parang mas kakayanin pa ng powers ko yon!

if i ever have kids im so glad i have friends who are preschool teachers so they can teach me how to take care of things!!!

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!