SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Monday, April 23, 2007

Domino Harvey

DOMINO HARVEY (played by Keira Knightley)

THE REAL DOMINO HARVEY

Came speeding home from Alabang because I wanted to watch the movie on Domino Harvey shown in Star Movies. Whew. Made it just in time.

Domino Harvey is a true to life story of a female bounty hunter and is directed by Tony Scott. You can actually find her on Wikipedia. Born to an actor and a Vogue model, she chose the life of a bounty hunter..... you'll see in the movie how she became one. Reading up on the real Domino Harvey, some details about her and her life in the movie are actually incorrect...that's Hollywood for you!

The footage and flow reminds me of MTV, quick cuts, dark segues plus the gritty feel. I''ve never really been a fan of cutesy patootsie movies, much less those with themes that go along the lines of drama or love. It's not just interesting for me but I do love action flicks, comedy even if really inane, and yes, horror flicks... call me strange but these things I watch because they amuse me... and hey, what better thing to waste time on than on something that makes me happy .... *cough (for those in the know, you may read between the lines).

Back to Domino Harvey, she's played by Keira Knightly, and her team of Bounty Hunters consist of Mickey Rourke and a dark brooding Edgar Ramirez.

Soo much tension between Domino (Keira Knightley) and Choco (Edgar Ramirez). TENSION! hahaha okay fine there's a love angle here but it's not cheesy...more tragic really...and Choco is the mysterious brooding bad boy type *flutter flutter keep still my beating heart* The love angle isn't the center of the whole movie...just a side comment to the more interesting dynamics of the team and the different personas which make the movie exciting. They are like the Charlie's Angels to Claremont Williams played by Delroy Lindo, who is their bailbondsman and gives them their jobs. And the twist is in a certain "job" they had to do which involves them with the FBI, a Mafia Boss and a crooked Business Tycoon.

Athough Keira looks fragile, she put a lot of ooomph in her role as she played her character to the hilt, which I personally think she pulled off quite well. Mickey Rourke is okay I mean he has that natural aura of a basagulero while that latino/hispanic Edgar is soooo... sexy in his own quiet way. I mean his face isn't all that pretty but his body is in such good shape.... reminds me of those warriors in 300. drool. AND the movie is funny too as they mix into the picture those boys from Beverly Hills 90210 (Brian Austin Green and Steve Ziering), cameos by Lucy Liu, Christopher Walken, Mena Suvari, and Jerry Springer.

Now I remember why I like this movie! It reminds me a lot of The Assassin then played by a young Natalie Portman. I'm into the whole dark and alternative underbelly of society... maybe my life is just sooo.....normal which is why I like movies like this. hahaha Escapist? Projection?? Maybe....what the hell right??? I don't even have to justify why I like it. I just do. And you might just like it too.

ps. thanks to imdb, wikipedia and the dominoharvey movie website for the pics.

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!