SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Thursday, June 28, 2007

RESURRECTED




It happened in slow motion.

And the funny thing was I had a feeling that something bad was gonna happen, and it did.... talk about premonitions....

I was so tired from work that day that as soon as I got home, I crashed in my parents room and decided to do some work on my laptop before flopping in sleepy stupor on the bed. Before my internal battery ran out, I turned off my laptop and decided to keep it plugged, placed it on the side table just beside the bed which was within arms reach. I was so sleepy that even with the two boys rough housing, I was dead to everything...unless you count the few times Santino decided to play games with his sleepy Ninang and amused himself by waking me up hahahaha.

And then it happened.

I finally woke up and thought "Hmmmm, I'd better unplug my laptop and placed it inside the bag in case one of the boys accidentally bumps into the table" But alas, after packing away, I didn't close tha bag and left it right beside the table, which had a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice on top.

It was like a horror movie. Matt suddenly thinks that pushing is actually quite fun and decides to experiment. On the table. With the glass of fruit juice on top. *PUSH*

!?!gasp!%! (insert SLOW MO here with matching VoiceOver in my head "NOOOOOoooooooo"

And the table flips over, the glass of juice falls, right into my laptop bag.

It wasn't too drenched, but with all electronics....anything liquid is B-A-D for its health.

So I flip it over, shake off the excess juice and take out the battery. From previous experience (with another electrical appliance), if you dry it and don't even attempt to open it until the internals are completely dry, it WILL still be alive.

This all happened on MOnday. It's Wednesday evening and I attempt to resurrect my laptop from the dead.

IT'S A MIRACLE. At first it would'nt boot up, which made my heart stop, but after re-booting again with Ron a few meters away (who has Heroes powers - I'M A BELEIVER! as in anything electronic, his mere presence will scare it back to life) it shakes off remnants of that fruit juice and am back in circulation.

THUS, this blog. heehee. I missed my computer!!! I heart my laptop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we heart your laptop too!!! :D

- jojie

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!