SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

professionalized... finally!!!


Anyone who has ever gone to PRC (the Philippine Regulatory Commission) to apply for a licensure test or register/claim a professional license KNOWS that going there is a dreadful experience. It's that bad that the thought forever imprinted in my brain and associated with PRC is that if I ever am in that place again, and a fire or earthquake (insert calamity here) happens, NO ONE WILL GET OUT OF THAT PLACE ALIVE.


After a month of bumming and 2 years of procrastinating, I gathered the courage to go back and claim my teacher's license which has been there since 2005. Good thing my bro-in-law R had to go there as well to claim his license so I figured, there is safety in numbers hahahaha. So off we went today a little bit after lunch time, and lo and behold, same as the last time I was there, the line to just enter the PRC compound is horrible....maybe 2 blocks down the street, but moving nonetheless. I guess that was an improvement since the last time I was in PRC, the lined went around the entire freakin compound!!!!


Anyway, good thing I had the common sense to go straight to the information area and ask where the claim area was, and the info-guy tells me "ay dun lang yan sa third floor sa window 23!" And so off I go to battle the hordes of people lining up by different windows, saying "excuse me" every 10 seconds or so for people to either step aside or be stepped on, go up three flights of stairs and YES, finally find window 23. Miracle of all miracles...nobody was lining up in front of window 23, MY WINDOW 23(!!!!!) and in 5 seconds flat...I finally had my PRC ID. It took me longer lining up outside the compund and battling through the Cubao-like throng of people to get ot the third floor.


In times like these, I am grateful and happy.


I am now a "professional teacher".... so the ID says (since 2005 pa nga e).


THE bad thing is I have to renew it in 2008. bummer.

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!