SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rock Da Vote


I've always been interested in watching plays, but haven't had the time (as well as found anyone really) who would want to go. The last play I watched was about a year ago pa, when Atlantis Productions decided to stage the Broadway play DOubt which starred Cherie Gil and Niccolo Manahan.


Moving along now....


By default because somebody got sick, I got to watch the comedy Rock Da Vote in Music Museum today, starring:


Jon Santos (as Ate Vi, shErap, and Hope - of the Kris-James blowjob scandal),


John Lapus (as Cory, Kris and Madame Auring),


Candy Pangilinan (as Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Jinky Pacquiao and a wacky teacher),


Tessie Tomas (as Imeldific, Tessie Aquino-Oreta and Miriam Defensor Santiago)


and Manny Pooh (as Manny Pacquiao and Bro. Mike Velarde).


All tickets as of today are sold out but so many people are still trying to get tickets for tomorrow (May 12) which is the last play date.... I tell ya its sooo worth every single 1,200 pesos. So if you missed out.....sorry na lang. Let's hope they re-extend the play dates!


The show was hilarious! OH MY GOD! It lasted for about 3 hours and I was laughing so hard the whole time. All the spoofs were so funny that I'd watch again if I had the chance. In fact my mom liked it so much that she did watch it twice! hahaha


Manny Pooh is hilarious... he had a segment with Candy (as Jinky) and winner!!! ANg galing galing nila (to the nth degree). Jon Santos as Erap.... priceless!!!! and John Lapuz as Kris... an exact copy...nakakaloka. Tessie as Imelda, Miraim and Tessie... kakaiba.


Grabe talaga these comedians are something else...walang sina-Santo if you know what I mean... even audience members who were makulit became fodder (but in good taste) for jokes. Like when Candy was playing GMA and in came some latecomers.... hahaha classic GMA moment!
I really believe that to be a comedian, you have to be really smart and quick... because without the smarts you wouldnt be able to think of all those witty jokes, as well as seamlessly and effortlessly have that comedic timing in delivering the punch lines.


Jon Santos, Candy Pangilinan, John Lapuz, Tessie Tomas and Manny Pooh


- I AM NOW A FAN!

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!