SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne


A few months ago, as I was going through a series of major changes in life, a friend told me about the book entitled "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.


I just read it today and let me tell you what the Secret is all about.


The Secret is.... that it's not really a secret (hehe) and is something that has been around for ages although we never put too much thought into it. That's the thing, there is power in our thoughts. Everything starts with the mind. The law of attraction states that like attracts like. So think positive, visualize, and everything will simply fall in place.


Honestly, I partly agree and partly disagree. WHy? A part of me still believes that aside from just thinking, action plays a very vital role in everything that we do. SO does it follow that if you believe in something so much, you'll eventually get it without doing anything?


The book says things will fall into place, you still have to take action but you simply have to pay attention since your mind and being make things happen without you even knowing it.


The book talks about a whole lot of other things, relating the Secret to wealth, relationships, fulfillment in life and etc.... DOES IT SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF JUJU TO YOU?


Anyway, it was an enlightening read. The type you can read again on another lazy day and find new meaning into.


What I got from it was... you can do Jedi Mind tricks! hahaha just kidding.


Seriously, lets put more thought into the things we think of. You might just be surprised how far a little positive thinking can get you...


*thanks to tracyhabron.com for the photo

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!