SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Thursday, August 16, 2007

MOVIE REVIEW: DOUBLE FEATURE

THank God I had a game a while ago or else I'd really really be in trouble with all the junk I've been eating (Tostitos lime with french onion dip, microwaved pocorn, freshly boiled corn, junk from parents bacolod trip-butterscotch bars, mango tarts, squid rings, hopia, fishballs, torte de los reyes, meiji, baci, three musketeers, yummy pasta, calamares, picadillo, mushroom soup.........it never ends!)

But the other thing I've been doing the past three days is go watch movies in the Powerplant, which is so near and am blessed that the horrendous traffic jam in Central Makati did not reach my side of the Metro.

I have seen Bourne Ultimatum and A Love Story already. Tomorrow we plan on watching Rush Hour 3 (which I've seen already but don't mind watching again). But I really really want to watch the Simpsons..... anyone?!?!?

About Bourne Ultimatum, all I can say is that Matt Damon really pulled his international spy persona quite beautifully. I mean you even forget his dorky portrayal in the Oceans Eleven-THirteen trilogy as you see him do all those cool action sequences which makes you go....WOW. Go watch it. NOW. He will make your heart go thipitty-thump even if he isn't as cute as Brad Pitt... he grows on you. Basta! Go figure my attraction for so-called alpha males. HAaaaaay.

A Love Story on the other hand.... interesting take on infidelity. It really really tried to make itself interesting with switcheroo but all in all, I was more impressed by the acting than the storyline. Maricel being THE Maricel Soriano is really really a stellar actress as she looks like she could be your very own OB GYNE (with a deep dark secret) hahahaha. And Aga, well he used to be cuter heehee. As for Angelica Panganiban, now this here movie is the start of bigger things for her. Goes to show how she can be a character actress as she has the chops to get out of the sexy starlet race and on to more serious and challenging roles. (AND YES, for friends who know me, me watching this?!?! I didn't actually have say on this - mother and sister chose movie for the day - but surprisingly it wasn't a waste of time after all)

Movie again tomorrow???? What else is there to watch???

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!