SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Job Hunt Blues

Hunting around for a new job is a humbling experience... because you have to look yourself squarely in the eye and ask the question "Is it all worth it?"

I'm thinking YES. Worth it because at least you know how much your job market value is, re-evaluate your career and where it's going, as well as get to know what other options are out there for you.

The past few weeks have been filled with days waiting for that ONE phone call to come and hear the magic words "We're interested in meeting you..." *insert music here* plus *dance of joy*.

And it did come last week, made my day really. It was the day before the Subic Race and I was in B's house, half-awake but still in bed. I was still mulling over the 5am race start the next day, running through scenarios in my head with stories about the dreaded baboy damo and mischevious monkeys that can/might steal your bananas. And then the phone rings and I wonder why the number wasn't familiar.... then realize OH MY GOD gotta answer it quick! And so they said "We'd like to meet you next week..." *handels hallelujah enter here*

Had the interview today.... in two weeks or so they'll call again to say either
A. "You're not what we're looking for" or
B. "We want to see you in the classroom so when can you fly over?"

I left the interview feeling pretty confident about myself and hearing from them that they liked what they have heard so far and if I am of the same mold as my friends who are already there (and are apparently are making waves there *applause to friends) then I have a pretty good chance. That sounds pretty positive right?

Its not what I initially wanted but I'm thinking, at least it's a lateral move and I get to get that IB experience which will unlock more doors for me in two years or so.
So am pretty excited about that...just hate the waiting....two weeks!?!?! Torture really.

Abangan...

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!