SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Results Are In: Subic 2008 Marathon

It was around 11:00am when Bards texted me saying "the race results are in!!!"

Finally!

RANK RACE NUMBER TIME NAME DISTANCE
1516 2084 2:49:34 Cornejo Christine 21k

We start training for the Mizuno 15K on Wednesday. I can't wait!

Friends have been sending me articles on race recovery and health concerns for athletes (or people crazy enough to believe they are one), and to sum it all up, here are some things I have to do to continue on with the things I've been doing...

1. DRINK MY VITAMINS.

I've never been a fan of pills (I hate it) but if I want to last longer and injury free, then this I have to put up with). Bring on that Multivitamin caplet, Vitamin D, Calcium, Vitamin C etc.

2. REST.

Fine. Point taken. Respect the rest day.

3. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.

Pain is NOT weakness leaving the body.. it means something's wrong and its either you change technique, strengthen muscles, or REST.

4. EAT MORE and EAT SMART.

This I learned the hard way after nearly crashing in one of my long runs. Never underestimate the power of food. It has come to the point that I force myself to down that plate of pasta for dinner, because I know that if I don't, I'm going to pay for it during my run the next day. Gatorade is your friend. Make water your best friend. Bananas too.

5. CROSS TRAIN

Guilty here... time to pick up that badminton racket again. Thinking about taking Total Immersion classes (which H says they offer in CSA). Get into something that increases flexibility as it will help prevent injuries.

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!