SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Saturday, March 15, 2008

PINAY IN ACTION 2008

One of the reasons why I got into running was because it's personally very challenging, but I never imagined it would challenge me in an entirely different way.

* enter Beni *

We were having one of our easy runs one day when she mentions how she used to run with Wawel and his wife Mila. She had an embolism during childbirth how many years ago, thus rendering her unable to walk, talk, and care for herself and her family. But her husband Wawel and friends stuck by her side and decided that IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

Thus Team Mila was born, and they would take turns in pushing Mila on her baby jogger in running events, with hubby and friends behind her all the way.... to include everyone in everything....

cut to 2008...

* enter Team T2 *



So Beni invites us to push for a cause and yes why not!?!? Of course we had to have a practice run with the stroller which we did in Corinthians since we didn't want to have any untoward accidents with Mila.


One the day of the Pinay in Action Run, I was a bit nervous because, heck, I've never tried anything like this before.... but as we were pushing and cheering each other on, it felt very different. This time I wasn't running for me, I was running for someone else...and that's where the difference lies.

Come and run with us someday, you'll know what I'm talking about =)

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!