SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bohol family trip


Went to Bohol just a few days ago with family and friends just bcause we haven't really done such a thing for quite a while.

Had a pitstop in Cebu for a day where we pigged out on uber-yummy local food (danggit, longganisa, lechon cebu, mangoes, kilawin na tuna etc etc) i think i gained 5 pounds overnight.




If you ask me what else I did in Cebu... well I shopped in the mall and bought a sarong and slippers for the beach. Sorry I couldn't resist. SHoppong makes me happy hahaha.

And then it's off to Bohol for our party of 16 people which included parents, brothers, sisters, nephews, in laws and family friends.

We stayed in the Alona Palm Beach Resort, which in my opinion is the best resort in that strip. WHy?

1. The villas were fantastic. Rooms were spacious, impeccably clean, tastefully decorated and fully furnished with a great veranda that had two day beds facing the sea.
2. They had a huge infinity pool facing the ocean which was half and half saline and water = no chlorine and no need for goggles!
3. The restaurant had a four page menu and all that we ordered was made from scratch and tasted great, to the point that I rave about their corned beef breakfast. Their German chef is really talented I must say. I will never forget their Goulash Soup yummmy.
4. The sand at the beach was very white and fine in texture, like Boracay although less commercialization as there weren't any other places you could go to at night.
5. Staff was very efficient and friendly.

AND we had great tour guides that showed us around Bohol, from the old churches there to the historic and natural highlights of the province. Thanks to Mang Filo! If any of you are going to Bohol soon, I recommend looking for Mang Filo to take you around via van. He really knows his stuff. COntact me for his number.

Anyway, despite the fact that it rained during our stay there and I had at most only 3 hours of sun, it was memorable nonetheless. This is one place I'd go back to again anytime.

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!