SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Great , Authentic and CHEAP Thai food in Makati

I just ate authentic Thai food in this small carinderia (canteen) near Rockwell and I am utterly amazed. It is so small and non-descript that having been a resident of Makati for 27 years and having passed that road so many times, I never had an inkling such a place existed. This great find is called Som's and is located in Gen. Luna Street Cor. Algier St., Poblacion, Makati City, Metro Manila (right before the old Dog and Cat hospital).

Thanks to A for bringing me there, I had a great dinner which consisted of Green Beef Curry, Pad Thai, Tom Yum, Garlic and Pepper Shrimp and my favorite drink, Thai tea (this is tea with milk). Interestingly enough, their menu had Green Curry, Red Curry and another kind (i forgot but I'm sure its a color too) and the difference is in the quality and how it its made. Apparently, Green and Red Curry are home made and is more flavorful than the others. Servings are good for two people and with all the food we ordered, we didn't even get to finish it and had enough to bring home, considering 4 people shared all the food mentioned earlier!

Another big plus factor is the price - we only spent 450 pesos for everything! Nothing beats getting to eat yummyfood for such a cheap price. This is one place I would definitely recommend and go back to as well.

For those familiar with the way to Rockwell, dont forget to visit Som's if you're craving for great Thai food.

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!