SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

WEIRD PHONE CALLS



I am forever fated with getting the weirdest phone calls... like this morning for example, I was just about to start my early morning Parent-Teacher Conference (2 more parents to go yahooooo!) when I get a phone call with the 032 code... and for those who know what I've been waiting for this past month...this made my hear a-flutter and go ba-bump ba-bump. As I gingerly said "Hello?!?" a lot of thoughts were racing through my head...is this finally it? But then all that the person asked on the other end of line was...

"Were you wearing a yellow dress during the interview?"

HUWAAAT!?!?

Were they too enamored with the person wearing the yellow dress that it was the only thing they remembered?? Never mind the beautiful smile, the pretty face, the smart and witty answers to their questions?!?!?! hahahahaha

But I digress, I answeresd "Sorry no, I was actually wearing a dark blue striped suit". Curiosity killed the cat and I just had to ask "Why are you looking for that person in the yellow dress?" and the only reply was "I know it might seem strange but were trying to look for this person as we need to get in touch with her." VERY PREGNANT PAUSE HERE.

After saying goodbye, it got me thinking.... Hmmm maybe L was wearing a yellow dress???? I love a good mystery. So after the PTC (which I did in autopilot mode because while talking about Physical Development, Socio-Emotional Development, Cognitive skills blah blah blah my brain was thinking....it might be L in the yellow dress!!!!) I texted L asking if it was her and she was wearing yellow only it was a blouse. Close enough eh? So I send an email to the person behind the 032 number saying, "I might have solved your mystery...."

Apparently, they called her too and it was her they were looking for and they will get in touch with her within the week, which is the same news for me.....

*insert twilight zone music here

*enter Voice Over "Believe it, or NOT!"

*** Thanks to bluefly.com for the wonderful picture.

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!