SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Running Outdoors

After weeks of running on the treadmill, which to me feels like being in one of Dante's circles of Hell, was finally able to run outdoors!! Yahooo! With B and H! Plus J and J and Daddy J in BHS one fine Saturday morning.

Running outdoors really picks up my spirits. It's the accomplishment that comes with knowing that you were able to get from point A to point B. The treadmill simply makes me feel like a hamster in a wheel. I mean just try doing a two hour long run on a treadmill and you'll get what I mean. Two freakin hours looking at the same thing!!! Which from my point of view is a little piece of the Ayala Cebu flyover. Whoopeeee.

So when I had the chance to run with some of ye old T2 people plus others in BHS, it simply reminded me how much I love running. I love it because it takes me outdoors. It's my time to stop and smell the...pollution. It's my time to take in the streets before the morning traffic. I break into a smile everytome I drive down a road that I ran on earlier that morning. I mean how many people (aside from them crazy runners) can actually say they traversed the Buendia flyover on foot?!?! Gotta have a picture moment for proof one of these days...

So for those who think runners are crazy, maybe we are, but we're having waaay too much fun to care hehehe =)

No comments:

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!