SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

HAPPY 5K

We had a name game yesterday at work, just so we could remember the names of the new ones in the team. You had to pair your name with an adjective and mine was Happy.

Happy relates to my running... I got my groove back!

I no longer dread the gym, in fact it's my escape from the fact that I'm not anywhere near home or it's comforts. So, takbo na lang!

I've been doing my regular 5K runs...literally starting from scratch in my training program... but nevertheless I enjoy it, because my relationship with the 5K is like an old friend you haven't seen in a while, and once you do re-connect, there's something new you learn from the encounter.

From my 5K today, I realized that..
1. I have to focus on maintaing my form ALWAYS (ala Chi Running by Danny Dreyer)no matter what the pace...it really does help make use of your energy more efficiently.

2. Doing negative splits conditions you to have a stronger finish...Im halfway there though as have yet to do a real negative split...I cheated. Did 7.0 for the first KM, 7.5 for the next, 8.0 for the third, down to 7.0 for the 4th and back to 8.0 for the last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats a good points. maintaining form in running is really important. when you start dragging the shoes, it indicates something negative...

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!