SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Monday, July 14, 2008

IT'S ALL ABOUT PERSPECTIVE

One of the things I thought about today was how running totally changes your perspective.

Before, the thought of walking out in the street was enough for me to say "no thanks" and choose to happily stay in my couch-potato-trance-like-state in front of the TV.

Now, an invite to run is always met with the enthusiasm of Road Runner out to beat Wil E Coyote. Gone are the days when I'd dread walking, as I found that it actually is fun being out there, pounding out miles with your trusty shoes and taking in the scenery.

Thanks to H, gone are the days when I'd be wary about running in the rain. Contrary to popular belief, a little bit of rain won't make you sick!! (Well, given that you feel in tip top condition, don't have the sniffles or a cough or something.)

Being out on your feet makes you feel connected with the world outside, which I think is something we need to do once in a while to realize that you're part of something bigger.

How serious!! La lang, felt like being reflective for a change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i concur! more runs and more endorphins!

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!