SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Thursday, October 09, 2008

JUST RUN

There are days I just want to run so bad that I will brave stray, rabid, mean dogs and bad weather. Today is one of them.

Attempted to run despite the clouds threatening to pour down water any minute now. And it did. Did the 4 k loop with J but had to backtrack as the route we needed to pass (which meant going under a bridge) was unpassable because of the presence of water, thus currents too. On sunny days, we could easily cross it as it was dry and full of gravel... but not today.

So running/walking under the dark reddish sky, we then did our last kilometer, quietly contemplating our lack of foresight. It started getting dark, the only light coming from a sliver of the setting sun on the horizon. And then darkness. Almost immediately the crickets started to sing, signalling the end of the day. The route back was not well lit, as lamp posts were far in between, and we had yet to reach the cement road that meant we were near civilization aka the village that we had to cross to get back to our starting point.

We got back all right, and I'm glad I didn't have to run alone today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Runtintin,

I just stumbled upon it. I was reading some of my friends blog- trying to get some inspiration to go running tonight.

Anyways, I do hope you get to do the KOTR with us. I'll be doing the 21K.

Hey if you do run for the KOTR, I hope you get to visit our restaurant at the Fort: its called Paul Calvin's Deli. We'll be serving Healthy Breakfast Buffet. We’re located at Rizal Drive (Between UCC & Chowking) sa tapat lang kami ng helipad.

Para di kayo maligaw you can call us at 856.5900.

I'm just excited to meet new friends and hopefully new running buddies.

-Jay Em of Paul Calvin’s Deli

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!