SWIM LOG

RUN LOG

Monday, October 13, 2008

THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE

Now I know how he felt, going against a mountain waaay bigger than him.

I also went against the mountain yesterday for my 15k run.

It was tough as it was going uphill and it's my first time to run a long distance on that road too. Call it a baptism of fire as I really didn't know what to expect.

When the going gets tough, go sight-seeing! (and take pictures! hahaha)

Some of the scenes in my 15K route:











I wasn't able to take a picture of my 7.5k route marker though, which was a bright electric blue neighborhood water pump which the locals use for their water.

What was nice about the route up was it followed the side of the mountain, which had a mid sized stream running beside it. Since it rained the past couple of days, the stream had more water than usual. There were times I could hear it even if I couldn't see it. At certain parts of the route, if you peeked over the side of the ravine, there would be people down there washing their clothes and making chika. My friend told me that on really rainy days, you can actually go through this stream with a kayak (ala white water adventure).

As I went up, the houses got fewer and fewer until it was just foliage all around me. This was when thoughts of the Blair Witch came to mind and I hightailed back down to civilization.

Finished 15k in 2 hours (which I personally think took too long, but hey c'mon, for someone not used to running up a hill and being my first time in doing this route , it's not bad right?)

Endorphins weren't enough to keep me awake as I crashed and slept the whole day, Maybe waking up for a few hours to eat and work a bit before sleeping again.

Coach B! I did it! And finally broke that dry spell...till the next run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a great route. im really looking forward to a cebu run with you. need to find an excuse to get there next year.

! REACH FOR THE STARS !

I started this blog months ago to write about things I like, and in no particular order, my top 4 are food, travel, people, and sports.

My entries can be a mix and match of all four, so hope you do enjoy!